[Jacob-list] bottle lambs + lamb feed

Dave & Katrina oberlef at supernet.com
Sat Apr 12 21:14:37 EDT 2003

I remember with bottle lambs(in the other flock we managed) after the lamb
was old enough to know what to do, we would just hang a bottle (or bucket
with nipple) in the sheep pen and let the lamb nurse at will. Worked pretty
well and the lambs often 'stole' from other ewes also.  Since the milk was
cold, it discouraged it from over-drinking.  Has anyone done this with
Jacobs?  Saves a lot of time although of course there is not as much
bonding with the lamb.  Katrina Lefever, Chicory Lane.