[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sat Apr 12 22:01:51 EDT 2003

Thom, regarding your crying lamb:  The people who "adopted" our bottle
baby at one week of age are now keeping it in a playpen in the living
room and one of them were sleeping on the sofa next to the playpen.  They
put a black and white spotted stuffed animal ( I think it's a dog) in
with the lamb and it loves this thing - lays against it and rests it's
head on the plush toy.  And, you could always try the ticking alarm clock
trick - it's supposed to work for puppies.........a ticking clock
supposedly sounds like mama's heartbeat.........Maybe it's cold - how
about a heating pad?  Or a heat lamp?   I can tell you........after
feeding around the clock for the 1st few days because our bottle baby was
a preemie, I came to understand why women my age can no longer have
babies -- lack of sleep makes us too grumpy!!!!

Sue Martin