[Jacob-list] bottle lambs + lamb feed

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 20:52:42 EDT 2003

Our gestating & lactating ewes get a ration of sheep
pellets. We use Blue Seal Shepherd 16. Since the lambs
are with their moms, they start to eat the pellets on
their own. When I note they are starting to eat the
pellets, I slightly increase the ration and make sure
their is a feed pan the little ones can reach (or
climb) into.

Our sheep always have hay available. Do you have grass
in your pasture? What are your adult sheep eating if
you're out of hay?

Joy Thomas

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
Home of The Fleece Flock
Border Leicester, Jacob & Shetland Sheep
French Angora Rabbits
Website:   www.shepherdofspots.com
E-Mail:    joy at shepherdofspots.com