[Jacob-list] NEED HELP!! WITH NEWBORN LAMB

marguerite e vanbeek pegaleg2 at juno.com
Thu Apr 10 10:09:30 EDT 2003

Had a ram lamb born two days ago, very week and small, first time mom.
Weighs approx. 4 lbs, no fat at all.

How much milk replacer should I been giving him and how many times per
day.  I had to tube him to get him going since
he was eating very little by bottle.  The vet gave him some vita. shots,
antibiotic shot.  Even though  I tube him with 1 oz of milk
he mouth continually is cold but his body feels warm.   I think the
problem is he has no fat at all.   Should I supplement him
with the milk to add fat.  I don't want to over feed him.  I have him on
a heating pad with towels on top.

Peggy