[Jacob-list] butcher lamb laws

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 05:58:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

I would imagine states are very different in their laws, and I would
also imagine that CA would have the most interesting laws.  That law may
be based in "animal cruelty" issues.

I live in NC and can let people butcher on my place.  I have been told I
cannot help them out (provide them aid and assistance) for fear they
would sue me if the meat was eaten spoiled and they wound up with food
poisoning.  That said, the people that butcher here have access to
running water, the hose gets pulled around where they can use it, trash
bags have materialized on occasion, etc.

Pelts from here have always been sent to Moosehead Tanners in Maine.
They always do a washable hide and a super job for me.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,
Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting