[Jacob-list] lamb weight??

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 22:44:05 EDT 2003

We are currently eating a two year old ram - had him ground because we
eat a lot of burger. We got back 57# of meat. I have no idea what he
weighed, my husband does the killing and the butcher charges $25 flat
fee for cut and wrap. A couple years ago we put down a six year old ram
(he had arthritis in his knees and we felt he was suffering) and had
him made into burger and pepperoni. He was tasty, but probably would
have been tough done in standard cuts.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre Farm
Oakland, Oregon