[Jacob-list] lamb weight??

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Apr 7 08:26:07 EDT 2003

We like lamb and mutton and frequently put rams over 2 years in the freezer.  There
just isn't that big a market around here for older rams and we aren't set up to run
an old ram retirement home.
We do ask the butcher to hang the older rams for 2 weeks and think it makes a
difference.
A few years ago my mother came to visit, bringing her friend that refuses to eat
lamb.  So I cooked a leg of ram for us and chicken for the friend.  By the time
dinner was over, she was busily attacking her own portion of old ram roast.

Linda

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:47:36 -0500, Bill Thompson wrote:
 Does anyone else send older sheep to the locker?
>Inquiring minds really would like to know.
>
>Lou Anne in s.w. Iowa, where it is nasty tonight.  Glad I have lots
>of wool work to do.

Visit our 2003 lambs at::
 http://www.patchworkfibers.com/2003lambs.html
 Registered Jacob Sheep