[Jacob-list] ram wanted

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Apr 3 15:45:38 EST 2003

It looks like I will be going to MSWF this year if all goes right.  While I'm there
I'd like to look around for a new ram.  We won't have time to visit farms, I'm
afraid, but I hope to perhaps pick one up at the festival. (I have a sister and
niece in Maryland that I haven't seen in forever, so any visiting will be with
family.)  It will have to be a lamb as he'll need to fit in the back of an SUV.

I am interested in a four horned ram, preferably with a strong 4 horn background.
Fleece is important to me.  Markings are less important, but must be within the
standards for both JSBA and JSC.   I'm not fond of white feet, but white legs are
ok.  I prefer an unfreckled ram from unfreckled parents.  I realize that freckling
is part of the breed and don't mean to imply that it's a fault.  I choose my rams to
(hopefully) cross well with my ewes.  I have a couple of favorite girls that are
freckled and I prefer not to have too large a percentage of freckled sheep.
I also need a ram that is not related to my current ram, Asher.  His pedigree can be
seen at:
www.patchworkfibers.com/asher.html

If you have a "perfect" :-) ram and will have him at MSWF, please contact me
offlist.

Thanks,
Linda
Visit our Jacob flock at: