[Jacob-list] new lambs and butting mom

Kelly Przylepa and Rich Moore kellyandrich at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 4 13:32:09 EST 2003

We had our first ever lambing here this morning. Twins born to our ewe lamb,
Chicory Lane Tulip.

We carried the lambs (a ewe and ram)  with mom following to a jug that we
built in our barn for some quiet time together and iodine for the babies'
navels.

I've been observing them for a couple of hours. I've seen both nurse but the
mom has butted  the female lamb several times. Should I worry? Is she
rejecting the one? I don't see any physical abnormalities in the lamb. Any
thoughts from the more experienced shepherds?

Kelly