[Jacob-list] Herding (without a dog)

BISCHOW at aol.com BISCHOW at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 10:24:33 EDT 2002

Boy can I relate to the grain routine!
We have moveable Premier fencing to corral our small flock so they can graze
during the day.  Yesterday they elected to "mess" with me.  After three
unsuccessful tries to get them into the fence area, I decided I might just as
well lock them back up until a second body was available to help.  Went and
got their grain and the little lemmings  immediately started following me.
Well...duh...how about out to their grazing area???
Sometimes I think they are much smarter than we give them credit for being.
Sure love them--have a mixed spinner herd of 12--4 BabyDolls, 3 Shetlands, 2
Cotswolds and the real hams--3 Jacobs, including 2 girls that Mary Ellen
raised.  They are truely the most loving of all of them--and the most
spoiled!

Louise and Tom
Owlhead Chows