[Jacob-list] Herding (without a dog)

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sun Sep 29 14:02:46 EDT 2002

Louise, Tom and all,

I have gotten my girls in from several forays with a grain bucket.  My
husband hasn't figured out yet the bucket works.  He still tries the
"yelling at them" approach, which serves to scatter rather than to
collect the little dears.

We got our bc after I couldn't pull the same stunt with a particularly
nice ram.  We could never train him to come to the fence for feed if we
were within 3 feet of the fence....offered him to the Bosnians if they
could catch him.  They did in about 5 minutes and 3 tries :o(.

Anybody heard from Edd recently?

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209