[Jacob-list] Lambing Question

honeybucket at attbi.com honeybucket at attbi.com
Thu Sep 12 00:25:35 EDT 2002

We were taught by the farmer/doctor/sheep raiser down
the road who was such a great support and help when we
started with our first 3 ewes that a new mom really
appreciates and needs a bucket of warm water with  some
molasses added.  Some drink it down quick, others take
their time.  We've had little problem with the majority
of lambs here--mostly we wake up and there are some
shiney new faces peering out from behind a mama.  I feel
very fortunate having these hearty moms that do so well
on their own.  We've not had problems catching and
picking up a new lamb and carrying it at mom's eye level
to the jug they spend the first 2-4 days in.  Of course,
waiting another day would be another story!!

Patty