[Jacob-list] ear tags

Thomas Simmons creaganlios at prexar.com
Wed Sep 11 16:58:16 EDT 2002

And from the opposite end of the ideological spectrum :-)

I have *never* docked a Jacob.  I never had flystrike, never had wool that
was overly matted from poop, and never had *any* problem as a result of not
docking. They regularly "lift"their tails with that little "bend" abouyt 2
inches formthe base which keeps them from getting too messed up.

Of course, I live in NH, and from what I have heard frommy souther friends,
there are far fewer parasites up here.  To my way of thinking, there just
hasn't been any reason strong enough to make me dock them.

As for eartags, I prefer the small ones because they can't be seen.  I don't
have sheep in the field so I can see plastic colors popping up all over.  On
the otehr hand, I never lost a plastic ear tag, but I did have a ram rip out
a metal one.

thom