[Jacob-list] red spots

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Mon Sep 2 21:33:37 EDT 2002

I thought this might be a good time to give you all a status check on my red spotted lamb from this spring.
As you may recall, this was a Tunis/Jacobs cross.  This was a male castrated at an early age and will be a good locker lamb this fall.
At birth, this lamb was white with red spots.  The skin appeared slightly darker where the red color appeared(although I must admit, this observation was made with the assistance of barn light).
Some suspected that the red would fade over time.  I had hoped that the red spots were survive.
To make a long story short, I now have a solid white lamb.
The red has completely faded to white.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle, Yak, Emu, Wallabies, Patagonian Cavies, Eland, and Fallow Deer all living together in the Kingdom of Callaway