[Jacob-list] shetland/jacob x

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 2 16:03:53 EDT 2002

Just to mix things up a bit........I have seen a number of
Shetland/Jacob crosses that are the typical black with white top of the
head.  I had a ewe that I culled and sold as a pet to Georgia that
produced a pair of white lambs.  One was completely white and the other
had a small brown spot on a leg.  Sire was a gray shetland ram.  Dam was
dual-registered Jacob ewe.  The ram had produced the other black lambs I
mention above on other ewes.

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209