[Jacob-list] re: worming techniques

dave-n-rachel heislord at neobright.net
Sat Nov 16 07:39:30 EST 2002

could somebody tell me why i so often hear it recommended to use a pour on
or injectable orally??? we are in ohio, and ivomec is readily available in a
very palatable drench labeled specifically for sheep...... we've used the
valbazen drench, (also labeled for sheep) ivomec, on occasion, and the
safeguard horse paste on pregnant ewes at 4x the weight dosage for horses...
(for instance a 100 lb sheep or goat would get a 400 lb dose... )(AS PER THE
VETS INSTRUCTIONS) we do regular fecals on our flock and only worm when
necessary, but i truly can't figure the dvantage in using something orally
that was meant to be injectable... help me out?? thanks -
rachel in ohio
www.LambzOwn.com