[Jacob-list] (no subject)

sheepythyme 2512 at nethawk.com
Wed Nov 13 20:10:23 EST 2002

Our neighbors sheep had a similar case with loss of control of back legs (not complete paralysis) and it was polio brought on by stress of shearing and extreme cold temperatures.  The treatment was large doses of Thiamine (prescription) and vit B complex.   If this is what it is, I think she would of been dead already.  Banamine reduces pain and swelling and could help shrink damaged tissues. We always give vitamin B injectable as a standard shot,  that wouldn't hurt her, neither would a dose of banamine.  It is worth a try, she can't get much worse, get out the drugs.  Sounds like your vet wasn't a sheep vet and left you hanging on this one.
Bonnie
Herb and Bonnie Sutten
Sheepy Thyme Farm~Edmore, MI
Raising CVM/Romeldale Sheep & French Angora Rabbits
www.sheepythyme.com