[Jacob-list] Sheep toys

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Wed Nov 13 21:11:20 EST 2002

Do any of you supply your sheep with "toys" to play with?  I have never done so, but guess I will have to start.  One of my rams has started playing with a metal tank about 2 1/2 feet tall and about the same in diameter. It has been sitting empty in the pasture, but all of a sudden it has started to move from place to place in the field.  I never see him pushing it, but today it moved clear from one side of the pasture to the other while I was in town, and developed a couple new dents.  Since it doesn't have legs, I must assume......
Is this common with Jacobs?   My other ram shows no such inclination.  Both rams are with their ewes for breeding now.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR