[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Wed Nov 6 20:55:59 EST 2002

Everybody is saying it SO well - these sheep are individuals.  Every one
of our ewes have their own distinct personalities ~ and every ram we have
ever owned has been different from the last one.  We had one ram who was
an absolute teddy bear & loved to be scratched & petted & loved the
cats..... another who wasn't mean but certainly wasn't a teddy bear - and
the one we have presently is very tame - I can approach him, put a halter
on him and lead him wherever......he cooperates very well, but doesn't
really crave fondling.  The ewes have incredible personalities among
themselves and a very definite pecking order - and the girls at the
bottom end of the totem pole have to stand outside the shed when it
rains, even though there is room inside!!  The bottom line is, sheep are
not in the same category as the family dog......their temperament, the
way they process happenings in their environment, the way they relate to
humans & to each other & to outside threats  is very much sheep-like.
And, of course, Jacob sheep definitely have the highest IQ scores!!!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA