[Jacob-list] question for those experienced breeders

Dave & Katrina oberlef at supernet.com
Wed Nov 6 21:08:59 EST 2002

I like the comparison to cats!  We had a male tiger cat born here that I
thought had a personality like jacobs.  Move a little threateningly and he
was the first to run for cover, but be nice and he was the first to try
interact with you.
I will say Jacobs are cautious... they are friendliest when in a safe
environment and if there is something new around they are wary.  Is that
called nerotic?  And now I am starting to wonder if I am nerotic!

I also agree with the statement that the ones with presence are the most
wary and difficult to catch which is not the same thing as saying they are
not friendly. Ours seem to eye up the situation more but often they are
also the ones that get most attached to their caretaker.

 There is usually a reason for them to be wary...very perceptive. They can
be better than a dog, but if they are in the middle of an open field
somewhere with a stranger I have found them to be interested but on guard.
I don't consider them to be the type of sheep that is calm and cuddly all
the time and maybe it is a good thing to make sure new breeders are aware
of this trait.  However, all seem interested in humans, many can be quite
persistent in their attempts for attention, and some are down right
affectionate.
Katrina

 --- Dave & Katrina O. Lefever
--- oberlef at supernet.com