[Jacob-list] Back to the primitives...

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 12 19:32:00 EST 2002

My more primitive ewes "park" their lambs.  Often lambs are hidden in
crevices and holes in the pasture, making them very difficult (for me)
to find.  For the first few days, lambs make little "puddles" when their
moms go off to graze.  At first glance, the lambs appear dead as they
don't move.  The moms certainly are aware of the lambs location (and
mine relative to the lambs).  Buddy, the LGD has earned a few painful
raps when he investigated/ checked on the lambs.  He has since learned
to give lambs a wide berth....

Kate Shirley
Humbug Farm