[Jacob-list] Interesting lamb

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sat Mar 9 07:57:46 EST 2002

Personally, I wouldn't use the word ugly for the little
guy...."interesting" is a good choice and my first impression when I saw
the facial markings was "Wow!  How weird!"  I am glad that people submit
these unique sheep to Linda so that we all can see the variations that
can and do pop up in all of our purebred flocks.

I still have two ewes to check, but at last check they did not appear
pregnant so hopefully we are finished lambing with a total of 21 lambs.
I personally find that number staggering and numbing, and like Mary
Ellen we got a few more than we hoped for and bargained for.

We were heavy on the rams..12 ram lambs and 9 little ewes----lots and
lots of beautiful birth fleeces, lots of color, some blue eyes as
usual.  Unzicker Matthias was sire to all, so nearly all are 2 horn.  We
had two very light ram lambs, two very dark ewe lambs, and a range in
between

Our old Jacob Tson Lady Jane produced her first ever ram lamb for us
(out of a total of 7 lambs that she has given us) and he unfortunately
was one of the very light ones. Rockies Rhapsody, Killorglin (Prince
Edward Island import) Lucy, Belfield Priscilla,and our own Juliet and
Liza Jane (both Lady Jane daughters of different sires ) delivered some
especially beautiful  ram lambs that will be interesting to watch
develop.

This seems like such a playful bunch this year---maybe because there are
so many so close in age,  but they play hard and at dusk run and race in
a pack that sometimes takes my breath away!

I hope to get some pictures to Linda very soon to post on the web page.

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm