[Jacob-list] Re:Wethering Lambs

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 26 07:59:48 EST 2002

One of the reasons we left the UK was too much government interference
in what we did. In Canada the laws are increasing, but none exist
regarding elastrators that I know of. Farmers are already on the verge
of mutiny over the increased rules as it is. There are no laws here
regarding tail docking that I know of either. We don't dock at all. I am
not one to argue with nature unless strictly necessary. The only law
here I'm aware of is that sheep must be sheared by a certain date to
avoid heatstroke. We live too far out in the middle of nowhere to have
to worry about laws anyway, but we do shear as early as we can.

BTW We used an elastrator on our male cats at over one year of age. They
suffered far less than the previous guys did from surgery.

Melanie