[Jacob-list] Re:lamb horns

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 04:28:25 EST 2002

Here in Norfolk, England I have 23 approx two week old lambs and a couple of
ewes still keeping me guessing. This year the lambs have been bigger than
usual and the one assisted delivery I had to do was definately not helped by
horns - the first lamb was brow presentation i.e. hornbuds first and stuck
(the second was breech). Touchwood I've never had to call the vet for a
lambing - I just shut my eyes and think back to those kids games of guess
what's in the bag!!
A few years back we lost two of a set of triplets - the ewe was obviously off
colour a couple of days beforehand, and the next year we lost one of a set.
All were born dead. Then I stopped feeding bagged ewe nuts, and last year we
raised four sets of triplets and the lambs were up in seconds at birth. This
year we have quads, but one didn't make it but was also much smaller than the
others, also one set of triplets.

Trisha