[Jacob-list] Another Jacob Flock Dispersal

Fibre Folds Farm fibrefolds at sg23.com
Thu Aug 29 09:51:39 EDT 2002

My husband's illness has created a situation requiring us to place all
of our Jacob sheep, guardian llama, small flock of Dominic chickens and
an excellent little barn cat as soon as possible.  We will have sheep
handling and management equipment available for sale, too.  Our flock is
all either dual registered with JSC and JSBA or in the process of
becoming registered with both.  We tested all adults negative for
OPP/Johnes the last two springs.  We were accepted into the voluntary
scrapie eradication program with an effective date of June 13, 2002.
Our foundation sheep were Barking Rock, but we have added in lines from
Brindle Hill, Swallow Lane, Smoke Ham and St. Jude rams.  Our flock is
almost all two horn, but with four horn popping up in lambs sometimes,
bred for breed confirmation, hardiness, character and fleece quality.
All of our current adult ewes have lambed independently and competently
and been excellent mothers.  We have 21 ewes (nine of them lambs), eight
rams (four of them lambs) and nine wethers (six of them lambs) to place.
Katrina has a web page of our farm at
http://wwwfac.wmdc.edu/HTMLpages/Graduate/TI/pages/lefever/fibrefolds
and has kindly offered to put up a sales page for us when I get her the
pictures and descriptions.  I am working on registration applications
for this year's lambs and the information for Katrina now and will post
a notice when the information is available on line.  I can respond to
specific inquiries now with emailed pictures and pedigrees.  We are
offering the sheep at $150 with discounts for taking more than one.  It
is most important to us that our sheep go to new homes where they will
be well cared for and cherished.  I can manage delivery within an eight
to ten hour radius of our Bath, NY, farm and maybe farther if we have
enough sheep going a particular direction.  Thank you for any help you
can give us.

Nedra

John and Nedra Esau
Fibre Folds Farm