[Jacob-list] Bummer day

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sun Aug 25 20:40:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

Just what are the odds that the ram you are really counting on for great
things will get messed up?  My luck is running pretty high.

I found the circumcised ram today standing up rather uncertainly.
Watched him a couple minutes and realized his foot was turned the wrong
direction.  Decided to feed the rams up at the top of their area to shut
the adult ram in (make it simple for this ram-scared-woman to go in to
examine above-noted messed up ram lamb).  Plans worked like a charm.
Ram lamb came hobbling along behind the rest with leg swinging around
like a merry-go-round.  I caught him and found a broken leg.  The break
was examined extensively by our quite amateur eyes and hands to make
sure we couldn't even bind him up to see if the leg would heal, but it
just looked too bad.  Ascertained that there is not a weekend vet clinic
in the Greensboro area that will put down a "large animal" no matter the
size.  Called the neighbor and waited a couple hours until he came home
with his gun and we put said ram lamb in the ground.  So much for Perez.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com