[Jacob-list] Horns

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 08:34:35 EDT 2002

In a message dated 15/04/2002 10:31:16 GMT Daylight Time, fayg at mebtel.net
writes:

<< ender:   jacob-list-admin at jacobsheep.com
 To:    melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca (Chovhani)
 CC:    jacob-list at jacobsheep.com

 I am not sure but is the skull of a cow designed to take the weight / force
 of head butting? I am aware in humans how muscles and useage affect how the
 skull forms. It would be sad to loose a cow to the force of a sheep ...

 Someone on this list once talked about two four horned animals butting heads
 and one set of horns went down the other, taking the skull plate apart with
 the horns. Nothing in life is free or without risk!

*******I wonder whether the poor sheep had any forward growing tendency in
the top horns - my understanding is that this can leave a significant skull
weakness.

Trisha M-S
Marmont Jacobs, Norfolk, England