[Jacob-list] Showing Jacobs

Dennis Schultz dschultz at waypt.com
Thu Sep 27 14:24:22 EDT 2001

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about this topic.

I believe that 'trimming' fleeces and 'coloring' horns and hooves should not
be allowed. If trimming is allowed, then quilting, hairy foreheads, legs and
bellies can be hidden. Naturally black horns and hooves are stronger than
white, thus blacking them can hide a less desirable trait. I prefer to show
after wiping noses and picking off the hay and 'poop balls', ie, show them
in all their natural beauty.

And I agree with Gordon. Showing for ribbons is not the reason to go to
shows. Getting to meet and talk to other breeders is the most valuable
reason for going.

Denny

Dennis and Barbara Schultz
Green Water Farm