[Jacob-list] Plastic fencing

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 13:03:09 EDT 2001

I, too, have horses. Our fencing is wire field fencing
attached to either wooden or T posts, with an electric
strand of bayguard across the top of the fence (about
6 inches above the field fence) to keep dogs from
climbing over or to deter the horse from reaching
over.

I've had good success with this. Of course, the area
where I keep our young lambs is close to the house and
watched for "escapees".

We only have one ram and so far have not had a problem
with him attacking the fence. Does that happen more
when there are separate breeding groups and rams
trying to get into the other pasture?

As a newbie at all this (we purchased our flock last
November), I really am enjoying all these varied
discussions!

Joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm