[Jacob-list] Plastic fencing

Kate Barrett kbarrett at oregontrail.net
Tue Sep 11 12:18:18 EDT 2001

I am contemplating new fencing as well, and the thought of those attractive
vinyl briefly crossed my mind.  I do think that most of the problem is the
rams want to get at each other and the ewes on the other side of the fence
are always more desirable.  So a plastic fence around your yard might work.
However I know it would not withstand a determined ram.  I am thinking to go
with hog panels, and wood top and bottom.  My ram has succesfully destroyed
hog panels as well, literally ripping them with his horns. The wood gies him
a set back however, and seems to deter him eventually. Also it is easy to
replace wood piece by piece as needed.  I have heard that the New Zealand
wire is the best, but have seen too many horses slice to bits on it, and
since I also have horses I am going to avoid that as well.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs