[Jacob-list] Plastic fencing

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 18:18:20 EDT 2001

Fred here.  We have not used electric fencing of any type for sheep
containment.  We have avoided electric 'wire' and 'mesh' after hearing
stories of sheep electrocuted by 'wire' and wound up in 'mesh'.  We use a
perimeter "V" mesh which helps deter dogs and coyotes from climbing.  We use
interior 2x4 mesh and hog panels.

Our experience seems to be "if it is standing, it will be butted", "if it
cost money, it will be 'consumer' tested and cost twice as much".

A gal called this afternoon... seeking help... her ram and ewes share a
paddock with a cow and calf.  The ram knocked over the cow Sunday night at
feeding time.  Fred