[Jacob-list] Plastic fencing

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Mon Sep 10 15:36:13 EDT 2001

Here goes another question - Have any of you ever used plastic fencing
for your Jacobs?  We are considering a three-rail fence (installed by
Agway, the product is called Wes Tek--a heavier product than is sold at
home improvement stores) with probably one or two strands of electric
wire between rails -- my concern is that the rams may still feel the
"need" to ram the posts between the wires - and even though the upright
posts are concreted in place, it is a plastic product not designed for
ramming by horns & hard-headed boys.    The white fence would look very
nice around our yard..........but we want to make sure beauty isn't
overwhelming reality in this instance........would the electric wires be
enough deterrent??   (Please don't suggest that we put in a wooden fence
painted white - painting is not our forte!!!)          Thanks!!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.