[Jacob-list] Ram marking harness

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 10:47:25 EDT 2001

Received a call last night from Eric and Ann Wilmot who are trying to "time"
breeding and lambing to about six weeks.  I explained that we use multiple
rams in many "honeymoon" hotels and move rams in and out to "time" the
process and marking harnesses were no longer in our program.

About five years ago we TRIED a marking harness about three times in two
weeks ...that is we had to put the harness back on every couple of days.
Between the horns, fence, trees, etc. he and they would manage to get rid of
the harness and everything was crayoned.  We gave up on harnesses.

Has anyone or does anyone use a harness for their Jacobs?  Does it have a
special size or unque features?  Where, if a harness has been used
successfully, did it come from?  We got ours from Premier but is there
another source?

Thanks,  Fred Horak for Ann and Eric Wilmot.  They can be reached by phone at
903-499-2216 if you want to call them directly.