[Jacob-list] Wild sheep

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 21:46:37 EDT 2001

"I saw these posting and wondered has anyone tried the harnesses used for
cats and dogs. (They look like two collars joined at the top and bottom. They
seem to come in just the right sizes for various sized sheep's heads."

We took two bottle lambs camping with us this summer.  The lambs were both
very small at the time, less than 15 pounds, and we used cat harnesses on
them to take them hiking and to keep them tied up at camp.  The harness you
mentioned fit around the neck and the chest, not on the head.  They worked
very well for our purposes.  The lambs learned to walk with them in no time
at all.  It was nice not to have something on their faces the whole time.  It
seemed very comfortable for them.  I don't know how this would work on bigger
lambs though, and lambs with more fleece, or how it would look in a show ring.

Sharon