[Jacob-list] Re:breeding lambs

Grose NLGrose at Yadtel.net
Mon Oct 29 06:36:12 EST 2001

I have found that if I put the ram in with the ewes in Sept., lambing goes on and on and on. It's too hot here for most early breeding. I put the ram[s] in on the first weekend in Nov. and boom, everything lambs in 4 weeks, including any lambs that are up to size. I take the ram back out before Christmas and recombine groups for ease of handling. We lamb on pasture so this system works for us. Lambing in March when it is 33 degrees and raining is no fun.

Neal Grose