[Jacob-list] Sensetivity

Black, Tiar and Jason theblacks at interisland.net
Sat Oct 27 09:55:40 EDT 2001

Here I come out of the shadows again. I am not writing this to upset or offend anyone but I feel I need to say something also.   I was also raised in a family who would not think twice (or even once) about using those types of phrases. I was also an adopted child who was terrified that my adoptive parents would find out I was one of "those" people - like in the phrases they used. It has taken many years of getting over it but I have chosen to distance myself from people who use those phrases and to try to teach my children other ways of recocnizing differences in different ethinic groups. ie the beautiful color of some peoples skin, stature, clothing etc.... Hopefully my children will not use the phrases that my family (and others) use in their language - at least that is my goal. Maybe that is sheltering them but for now I feel it is important for them to make their own judgements and I do not need outside help in this matter. We all have the right to say what we like but when it offends someone this deeply it is also our right to walk away from further conversation with this person. I have enjoyed EVERYONES postings in the past and I will continue to read all of them as I am learning alot from you all but I am sorry - if this type of phrase were to be used again by the same individual I would choose to delete the post without reading it - this is my right. Thank you all for listening to my rambling.
Tiar Black
ZLazyJ Farm
Friday Harbor Wa