[Jacob-list] Sensitivity

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Sat Oct 27 08:21:48 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: dave & katrina
To: Mary McCracken
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Jacob-list] Sensitivity

I can relate, Mary.  And my parents were good, thoughtful people.  They just lived in a very closed community.
It is difficult to change/recognize the implications of language.  I do think it is important, however, and worth the effort.  Small thoughts creep into our understandings of people and influence those around us with less ability to weed out truth from fiction.  (ie children) Words are important, and I agree, Maria, we throw many terms around lightly. Avoiding them to me is not overprotection of a peoplegroup, I just want to choose not to be as sheltered as my parents.  Katrina