[Jacob-list] Why a registry?

Mary McCracken mcmcc at ucinet.com
Fri Jul 27 00:39:40 EDT 2001

I consider a registration paper like a birth certificate.  The animal deserves to have its history recorded.  I would dearly love to have the history of a ewe I bought without papers.  She is now registered so her legacy of lambs will at least be able to trace back to her.  I consider registration for animals that are being kept to reproduce and preserve a breed sort of like a chore that really should get done.  Don't get involved with politics and attitudes.  Just get the paperwork done.  mary