[Jacob-list] Update on the lamb

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 22:55:27 EDT 2001

Good news!!! The lamb is getting better. This morning he was able to get up,
although very shaky on his feet and taking very tiny steps with all four feet
bunched under his body. This evening he has improved to the point that he is
standing normally to eat his hay and his gait is much improved. It is looking
like the grain was the problem, so I have relegated the rest of the
high-octane stuff to the status of "wild bird food". In the meantime, there
are 70 angry sheep out there because they didn't get their grain today. I'm
keeping a low profile.

Out of all the sheep, why was this lamb the only one affected by it? I don't
have the answer to that.

Interestingly, the symptoms for most of the suggested causes that came in
here from all of you were very similar. It has given me a new perspective and
respect for  the difficult task veterinarians face when they walk into a barn
and have to make a diagnosis.

It is very reassuring to know that the knowledge and experience of a lot of
people is available to anyone who needs it. My thanks to all of you for
taking the time to help. I think this story is going to have a happy ending.

Joan Franklin