[Jacob-list] Update on the lamb

Dr. David R. Lincicome wheaten at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 23 17:35:10 EDT 2001

1722 hrs/Monday 23 July 2001

Joan,

In the many years I have raised goats and sheep, the only time I fed any
grain was to promote lactation, otherwise hay was the only feedstuff.
Of course saltlicks were available and good clean water.  The hay was
usually alfalfa, but I did use lots of orchard grass.  One must be
careful in the use of grain, for the urea which is sometimes an
ingredient is not tolerated well and in some cases not at all.

In addition, I kept my flocks and herds on gravel and had no parasite
problems.  I had no need to use anthelmintics.

I am glad the little fellow appears to be making it.

David