[Jacob-list] Shows

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 17:07:46 EDT 2001

I agree from what I saw of Jacobs being shown here in
NC in mixed breed classes.

I did however see a Jacob place in a wool class. This
was a class where the sheep was judged on fleece not
on breed or confirmation.

Perhaps fleece/wool classes are the way to get
started. Judges will then get used to seeing our
"different" sheep and become more familiar with
Jacobs.

Personally, I do not want to breed into my flock the
traits that will win ribbons at shows. I feel that if
I do this, I'll be losing my flock's "Jacobness".

Joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm
Home of Jacob Sheep