[Jacob-list] Crutching

Royal Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Mon Jan 29 08:59:13 EST 2001

Hi Robin,
I also like to trim out my ewes so I can see what is happening.  But I don't like to handle them any more than necessary when they are getting close to lambing.  So I put them
all in a pen just big enough to hold them  (so they can't get to far from me).  I take my trusty hand shears and snip away wherever I want while they are standing there.  Of course some stand still better than others but I do get the job done without a lot of  hassle.
Royal
PS: Robin, Fern's dam was first to lamb, a nice 4H ram and a ?H ewe.  I also got one of Iris's triplet sisters back.  She isn't as nice as Iris but I do like her.