[Jacob-list] Crutching

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 21:17:15 EST 2001

I'm planning to trim the "business end" of my ewes before lambing, and
wondered if anyone has any advice before I start.  After two years of clumsy
shearing, I'm sure I can manage, but would appreciate any practical tips.
I've gone through the books and understand the concept but I'm not sure where
 to start and how to work around the udder.  Some of my ewes have very heavy
wool down the back legs, making it impossible to check their developement at
a glance.  Any practical advice would be helpful.  Robin Casasanto