[Jacob-list] woven blanket coop prospects

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Sat Jan 13 06:26:39 EST 2001

Hi all,

Somebody sent me this e-mail in the box this morning.  This sounds like a
potential coop project if there is interest----and in some respects similar
to the Canadian blanket company's finished product......
Mary Ellen

Starting next Tues, I will be working part of the week for a weaving mill
doing product development work.  This mill is a vertical woollen system
mill that has the capability to make blankets.

Given the low price growers are getting for raw wool, I'd like to know if
there might be a large enough group of them who could work together
cooperatively to convert their wool into blankets which they would market.
I would personally see the product to completion and the growers would only
have to pay for the processing of the wool from raw to the finished
blankets.

Any thoughts?  Any wool grower publications where I could get the mill to
advertise?

ALLEN
ALLEN FANNIN, Adjunct Prof., Textile Science
Department of Retail Management & Design Technology
224 Slocum Hall  Rm 215
College for Human Develpment
Syracuse University
Syracuse, New York 13244-1250
Phone: (315) 443-1256/4635
FAX: (315) 443-2562
                        -5300
     mailto:aafannin at syr.edu>
     http://syllabus.syr.edu/TEX/aafannin

ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, and German Angora Rabbits,
colored German Angora crosses and a few French.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.