[Jacob-list] woven blanket coop prospects

Dr. David R. Lincicome wheaten at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jan 13 14:50:39 EST 2001

1425 hrs/Saturday 13 January 2001

This is a good lead-in for development of the economic value of Jacob sheep.
Jacob blankets are wonderful.  I have one which I have used decoratively with
success.  I would suggest the possibility of developing 3 kinds of blankets,
one with thick enough pile to serve on beds during the cold winter months,
another a light weight pile useful for use in warmer weather, and still another
for decorative purposes (I have used mine as a throe over my Beckstein grand
piano, and visitors always notice and make favorable comments).  Another
decorative use would be for appropriate sized blankets for wall hangings.  I
have a light weight blanket which is decorative in that it has images of famous
Wheatens as the pattern and hangs in my living room.  It is suspended on a
decorative walnut pole that adds to beauty of the hanging.

I have long advocated that JSC become involved in the development of commercial
applications but with little response.  Here is a response I hope JSC will
follow through on.

David Richard Lincicome, Ph.D.,PAS, DACAP