[Jacob-list] Goats

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 6 09:50:32 EST 2001

If you are in to fiber, Angora goats are great.  We ran our first few
with the Jacob and they did very well.  Once we were past 8 Angoras we
put them in their own pastures with sheds.  Jacob seem to be more goat
like in their actions and grazing so it worked well.
Milkweed cam be poisonous and if the animals are hard pressed for forage
they will be tempted to eat it and it could poison them.
Edie, Joy Farm,NJ
PS We had our first Jacob lambs yesterday.  Triplet ewes.  All three are
beautiful and well marked.  Mother is successfully feeding all three.
Thats the beauty of the Jacob, they are tremendous mothers.