[Jacob-list] goats

sbennett sbennett at teleport.com
Tue Feb 6 09:31:19 EST 2001

We used to have fields of thistles. The goats eat the flower heads before
they go to seed. The second year we had a few thistles, now there are
none. Milkweed is poisonous, but the good news is livestock don't like
how it tastes. I don't know if any particular kind of goat would be
better, I like my cashmere producing goats. They can hold their own with
my aggressive Jacobs and aren't quite tall enough to jump the fences like
dairy goats.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre