[Jacob-list] neat link for making sheep coats!

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Tue Feb 6 09:20:33 EST 2001

Hi,

It is amazing what you bump into when hopping around on the web.  Here I am
out looking for fleece information, and I find this lovely page on the
specifics of how to make a sheep coat.  My experiences using such
contraptions for my girls has been extremely limited and with poor outcome.
I do know that lots of people like to keep those fleeces as free of VM as
possible.  It might help somebody.

http://www.dimensional.com/~gfwsheep/sheepcoats/sheep.coats.html

No lambs yet here....the girls are hanging onto their little charges for
dear life it would seem.

My ewe with the toxemia issue of a month back is doing fairly well.  I am
beginning to be strongly suspicious of a pinched nerve causing lots of her
problems.  This is a ewe with a dip in her back and extra wide ribs---been
that way since I got her 5 years ago, and she is coming 10 in another couple
weeks.  She still wants to be standing on her front knees when she is still.
Eats like a regular pig and pushes all other hungry souls out of the food
bowl she determines is hers.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, and German Angora Rabbits,
colored German Angora crosses and a few French.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.