[Jacob-list] Re: Jacob-list digest, Vol 1 #481 - 1 msg

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 17:37:31 EST 2001

Hi,

To all UK lurkers.

Does anyone out there (even in England!) have primitive, dare I say it, US
type jacobs?

Jacobs have changed from a small, neat primitive sheep into a big
semi-commercial breed. My biggest Jacob ewe is destined for sausages, poor
thing, following a prolapse with her last lambing. I gave away my rather
magnificent tup (Hello Sooz if you are out there) rather than eat him. I
have been fretting over a replacement and would like a small primitive tup
to start breeding out the big commercial aspect. The Jacob Sheep Society may
well burn me for heresy now....but hey, all my other sheep are primitve
breeds so why not primitive jacobs?

Gordon and Juliet
30 very wet miles outside Edinburgh