[Jacob-list] 4h & Jacobs

Black, Tiar and Jason theblacks at interisland.net
Mon Aug 27 12:09:15 EDT 2001

I thought that I had sent this to the entire list  - sorry for the repost Betty....

The rule does not apply to open class sheep just 4H and it was imposed by the 4H people not the fair board so I am not sure what they are thinking. It could have something to do with the old ram that Betty Heiman used to bring to the fair - he was mean when he was young and maybe that's what they are thinking about - who knows. I guess I had better not tell them that he is the father to all of our lambs this year : > Anyway we would like our daughters to participate in 4H but we do not raise the big sheep anymore and I really don't want to get back into them - much to my husbands dismay. He is a butcher and likes the meat qualities but I truly believe that "when they bred the meat in they bred the brains out" ( to quote my own words). Sorry if I offended anyone who does raise the big guys - they just aren't for me and I love my Jacobs. You can bet that I will be checking out other counties and I will certainly turn in my findings to our leaders council and fix this once and for all. She really can't show until she is in 3rd grade and she is just going into 2nd right now so I have plenty of time to fix it. Thank you all for your responses. You have given me the answers I needed (and wanted ) : >
Thanks again
Tiar Black
ZLazyJ Farm
Friday Harbor Wa